25. Review of This War Ain’t Over: Fighting the Civil War in New Deal America, by Nina Silber. Journal of Southern History (forthcoming).
24. Review of Newspaper Wars: Civil Rights and White Resistance in South Carolina, 1935-1965, by Sid Bedingfield. Journal of American History (forthcoming).
23. Review of Jim Crow Wisdom: Memory and Identity in Black America Since 1940, by Jonathan Scott Holloway. Southern Studies 26 (Spring/Summer 2019): 97-99.
22. Review of The Best of Peter Finney, Legendary New Orleans Sportswriter, by Peter Finney. Louisiana History 58 (Fall 2017): 495-497.
21. Review of Empire of Sin: A Story of Sex, Jazz, Murder, and the Battle for Modern New Orleans, by Gary Krist. Journal of Southern History 82 (August 2016): 705-706.
20. Review of The Negro Southern League: A Baseball History, 1920-1951, by William J. Plott. Black Ball: A Journal of the Negro Leagues 8 (2015): 118-120.
19. Review of Gateway to Freedom: The Hidden History of the Underground Railroad, by Eric Foner. Register of the Kentucky Historical Society 114 (Winter 2016): 79-81.
18. Review of Ain’t Got No Home: America’s Great Migrations and the Making of an Interracial Left, by Erin Royston Battat. History: Reviews of New Books 44 (May 2016): 64-65.
17. Review of Seizing Freedom: Slave Emancipation and Liberty for All, by David Roediger. African American Review 48 (Fall 2015): 383-385.
16. Review of A New Day in the Delta: Inventing School Desegregation as You Go, by David W. Beckwith. Southern Studies 21 (Spring/Summer 2014): 97-99.
15. Review of “If You Were Only White”: The Life of Leroy “Satchel” Paige, by Donald Spivey. Journal of American History 99 (March 2013): 1293-1294.
14. Review of The New Encyclopedia of Southern Culture, Volume 16: Sports & Recreation, ed. Clarence L. Mohr. Louisiana History 55 (Spring 2014): 250-252.
13. Review of Joe Louis: Hard Times Man, by Randy Roberts. Journal of American History 98 (September 2011): 568.
12. Review of Intellectual Life and the American South, 1810-1860, by Michael O’Brien. Louisiana History 53 (Summer 2012): 352-354.
11. Review of Lift Every Voice and Sing: The NAACP and the Making of the Civil Rights Movement, by Patricia Sullivan. Journal of Popular Culture 43 (January 2010): 1302-1303.
10. Review of Harlem vs. Columbia University: Black Student Power in the Late 1960s, by Stefan M. Bradley. Callaloo: A Journal of African Diaspora Arts and Letters 33 (Fall 2010): 1149-1151.
9. Review of Public Culture: Diversity, Democracy, and Community in the United States, by Marguerite S. Shaffer. Journal of American History 96 (September 2009): 563-564.
8. Review of Legacy: Walter Chrysler Jr. and the Untold Story of Norfolk’s Chrysler Museum of Art, by Peggy Earle. Virginia Magazine of History and Biography 116 (No. 4 2008): 428-429.
7. Review of Out of the Shadows: African American Baseball from the Cuban Giants to Jackie Robinson, edited by Bill Kirwin. PAST: Pioneer America Society Transactions 29 (2006): 63-65.
REPRINTED IN: Material Culture: The Journal of the Pioneer America Society 39 (Spring 2007): 61-63.
6. Review of Literary Memory, Consciousness, and the Group Oulipo, by Peter Consenstein. Consciousness, Literature and the Arts 7 (August 2006): http://blackboard.lincoln.ac.uk/bbcswebdav /users/dmeyerdinkgrafe/archive/consenstein.html.
5. Review of Unequal Freedom: How Race and Gender Shaped American Citizenship and Labor, by Evelyn Nakano Glenn. Southern Historian 27 (Spring 2006): 73-74.
4. Review of Playgrounds to the Pros: An Illustrated History of Sports in Tacoma-Pierce County, by Caroline Gallacci, Marc H. Blau, and Doug McArthur. Pacific Northwest Quarterly 97 (Spring 2006): 106-107.
3. Review of Reconstructing Reason and Representation, by Murray Clarke. Cercles: Revue Pluridisciplinaire du monde Anglophone. http://www.cercles.com/review/r23/clarke.htm.
2. Review of The Memory of the Civil War in American Culture, edited by Alice Fahs and Joan Waugh. NeoAmericanist 1 (Fall 2005): http://cas.ssc.uwo.ca/neoamericanist/aiello.pdf.
1. Review of American Independent Cinema, by Geoff King. Cercles: Revue Pluridisciplinaire du monde anglophone. http://www.cercles.com/revievw/r24/king.htm.